who we are
& who we serve
Andrew Myers is an occupational therapist who specializes in home modifications and universal design. As a clinician, Andrew saw too many hospital and rehab patients forced out of their homes due to inaccessible or unsafe home environments. He founded U-Home Consulting to empower people to thrive in their homes and communities.
Our services are ideal for you if...
- you are planning for future independence
- you or a loved one have chronic or acute health needs
- you or a loved one are returning home from a hospital or rehab stay
- you are a proactive caregiver exploring options for the future
our mission is TO EMPOWER INDIVIDUALS TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THEIR HOME.
IT'S YOUR HOME,
IT'S YOUR COMMUNITY, BE THERE.
what we do
- We perform a medical, functional assessment of you in your home
- We collaborate with trusted remodeling teams or handymen (for big or small jobs) to develop project scope and plans to maximize your safety and access for the long term
- We connect you with local healthcare providers and community resources to promote quality of life in your home and community
- After modifications are made, we reassess your daily function at home and provide on-site training to maximize your independence and quality of life
pricing & benefits
Basic Home Consultation · $450
Home evaluation with expert guidance to identify priorities and assess options for your lifestyle and goals.
Premium Home Consultation · $1400
Home evaluation with project coordination and ongoing consultation with service providers plus a post-evaluation.
- Access to health professional expertise to ensure your home renovation is done right—the first time
- Access to a local network of trusted remodelers and community resources
- Knowledge of local tax incentive programs and loan options to help fund your project
- Familiarity with community programs and local healthcare provider
INDEPENDENCE INSIDE YOUR HOME IS AS IMPORTANT AS ENGAGEMENT OUTSIDE. WE ASSESS GOALS AND FUNCTION AND CONNECT YOU WITH COMMUNITY RESOURCES TO MAXIMIZE QUALITY OF LIFE.
My wife and I, now in our 80’s, maintain the big house where the gatherings of our large family still happen and we are still comfortable. Andrew of U-home made a number of good recommendations for our immediate comfort and safety and we have acted on them. For the longer term he has helped us come face to face with coming needs.